- Companies apply online via Gust.com or submitting an application directly to the Niagara Angel Network. The company will complete a one page executive summary outlining the key characteristics of the company and the investment opportunity.
- Pre-Screening. Screening is conducted by the Executive Director who uses a standardized questionnaire to assess the opportunity and whether it is a right fit for the membership. If it is deemed to be a good fit, the company will be asked for a pitch deck and additional company information.
Dinner Presentation to membership. If the company passes the screening process, the Niagara Angel Network will extend an invitation to present to the Angels over a private dinner. If interest is expressed after the presentation, the company will be asked to attend a deeper dive meeting with interested investors to explore the opportunity in greater detail.
- Deeper Dive-This is roughly a two hour meeting where a more in depth discussion will occur on the key issues of the business. If there is sufficient interest following the deeper dive, then Due Diligence will commence.
- Due Diligence. During Due Diligence, interested investors will have an opportunity to ask specific questions in order to satisfy any concerns while also validating and verifying key elements of the business plan such financial projections, patents, sales etc. An initial discussion of valuation and terms will happen early in Due Diligence to make sure the two parties are within working distance of each other.
- Term sheet negotiation. After successful completion of the due diligence process, interested angel group members will present a term sheet that defines the structure of the investment deal. The company and the Angels will work to find mutual agreement.
- Funding & Beyond. When all parties are satisfied with the terms and language contained in the term sheet, the deal can be executed. Companies can expect to provide shareholders with regular updates. Angels will closely monitor the company’s performance throughout the investment.